Friday, November 02, 2007

Elisha's Bones - or February 2006 Reprised

I think my mom still checks this blog occasionally. And I think Mike Snyder stops by every once in a while, if only to shake his head in smug satisfaction that at least he's not the most infrequent blogger on the internet.

It's already been mentioned in several places, but I'll announce it here, too. Bethany House Publishers has offered me a contract for my novel Elisha's Bones.

What's especially fulfilling for me is that this is the book I mentioned in my post back in Feb. 2006, all of two posts ago. It's funny rereading that post because I barely remember writing it. But I know that I did get tired and bogged down through the process. And I did struggle with elements of the genre, and plots, and endings, and all of the other things I thought I'd struggle with. And I still like the way the book came out.

I hope you will, too. Even after all of the edits I know Bethany will require. Lots and lots of edits.

Elisha's Bones, Bethany House Publishers, Spring 2009

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger michael snyder said...

Hah! I'm now officially kicking you butt in the blog post dept.! Never thought I could say that to anyone but dead guys.

And congrats again. I'm thrilled for you. I know you already know that, but maybe your mom didn't? Hello Don's mom...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home